torricellapeligna.com forum
Message 111: Re: Looking for Relatives

Posted by Albert Porreca on 07/25/04 at 6:00 PM

Subject:   Re: Looking for Relatives

Message Posted

In Reply to: Looking for Relatives posted by Jeri Fuller on 07/24/04 at 7:23 AM:

Ciao Jeri,

My name is Albert Porreca. Dan Aspromonte and I are the creators of the Torricella Peligna website.

I was sure that the names you are seeking belong to people from Torricella Peligna. They are common names there. I should point out that the spelling surely should be 'Maddalena DiCino', 'Palizzi', and 'Maria Giuseppa'.

So I did a search, with the search engine on our home page, using the name Maddalena DiCino and I found a match in the family trees. The birth date shows as about 1869. She married a Giacinto Palizzi, and they had a daughter Maria Giuseppa. There can be no doubt this is your great grandmother and her family. You can see it yourself at http://www.torricellapeligna.com/FAMTREES%20HTM%20DIR/pastena%20janet%20htms/p_44.htm#1558

If you follow the link from Maria Giuseppa you will see:

Palizzi, Maria Giuseppa
b. 3 Jan 1889 Torricella Peligna,Chieti,Italy
d. 14 Jun 1991 Pitman,Schuylkill,Pennsylvania
Parents:
Father: Palizzi, Giacinto
Mother: diCino, Maddalena

Family:
Marriage:23 Jun 1904 Mt. Carmel,Northumberland,Pennsylvania
Spouse: d'Ulisse, Camillo
b. 23 Oct 1886 Torricella Peligna,Chieti,Italy
d. Nov 1964 ,,Pennsylvania
Parents:
Father: d'Ulisse, Nicola
Mother: Palizzi, Maria

These records are in the family tree of Janet Di Pastena. Janet is one of our chief associates on this website, I'll ask her if she may have some information for you regarding if there are any living descendants in Torricella.

Good luck in your ongoing search. And keep us posted about your progress in this forum. ... Al

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Message to Post