torricellapeligna.com forum
Message 116: Re: Looking for Relatives

Posted by Janet DiPastena on 07/27/04 at 6:18 AM

Subject:   Re: Looking for Relatives

Message Posted

In Reply to: Re: Looking for Relatives posted by Jeri Fuller on 07/27/04 at 5:05 AM:

Hi Jeri,

It is so great to hear from you! I have been aware of your branch of the family for a few years now, but didn't quite know how to get in contact with any of you. I'm so glad you have found this Torricella Peligna website! It sure is a great way to get in contact with relatives who are interested in family history!

Yes, I will be happy to send you a copy of the marriage record for Giacinto Palizzi and Maddalena diCino; and a copy of the marriage record for Camillo d'Ulisse and Maria Giuseppa Palizzi. I don't have digital images of them though--just paper copies, so I'll need to send it through the regular mail. You probably don't want your shipping address posted on the website. Instead, why don't you send that information to me at my regular e-mail address, which is: jpastena@aol.com.

Jeri, thanks so much for that background on your family. It has been really confusing for me to try and figure it all out, so your information really helped fill in a lot of blanks. It took me quite a while to figure out the name change, from d'Ulisse to Dulis. Also, I am pretty sure that the original Italian name of James Dulis, your great-grandmother's second husband, was Vincenzo d'Ulisse. When I send you a copy of the marriage records, I'll include a document that explains why I think James Dulis and Vincenzo d'Ulisse were the same person.

One reason I was so interested in James Dulis/Vincenzo d'Ulisse, is that I am pretty sure his mother was also a Palizzi--in fact, I think she was a sister to Giacinto Palizzi. The reason I asked if Camillo d'Ulisse was a brother to James Dulis/Vincenzo d'Ulisse, was because if he was--then that would also make you a double Palizzi descendant.

Well, I have to run to work. I'll start pulling together the information I've got on your family, so I can send it to you. I'll also check my records to see if I've got anything on your diCino side of the family.

Sincerely,

Janet

P.S. Yes, if you are interested in the information I have, going back to the 1600s, I'd be happy to send you a copy of that as well.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Message to Post