torricellapeligna.com forum
Message 115: Re: Looking for Relatives

Posted by Jeri Fuller on 07/27/04 at 5:05 AM

Subject:   Re: Looking for Relatives

Message Posted

In Reply to: Re: Looking for Relatives posted by Janet DiPastena on 07/26/04 at 8:45 PM:

Janet: Thank you so much for your response. I do not have a copy of Maddalena & Giacinto's marriage certificate and would love to have it. If you cannot scan it and e-mail it to me let me know and I'll give you my address. I do have a copy of Maria Giuseppa's Baptismal Certificate.
That is the only documentation I have.

Actually my grandmother Maria Giuseppa was married to Camillo D'Ulisse. He died in Italy, I am told, around 1911. I am told he developed "dropsy" and was told to return to his homeland as the only possibility of improving his health. They returned to Italy with their two daughters, Helen and Mary (my mother). Maria had a third child, Albert, while in Italy and Camillo died either shortly before or shortly after Albert's birth on 12/11/1911.

Maria then returned to America with her three children and in 1912 married Camillo's brother Lewis who died in November 1964.

The information I found on your site also seems to show that my great grandmother married Vincenzo d'Ulisse. Again, my understand was that Giacinto Palizzi died in a mining accident in Wisconsin, don't know the year. After than Maddalena's marriage to James d'Ulisse (11 years her junior) was arranged and at the same time my grandmother's marriage to Camillo was also arranged. I am told this was arranged when my grandmother was about 9 years old which would make it around 1898. Anyway, I don't know who Vincenzo d'Ulisse is? James is the man I knew as my great grandfather.

Do you have a chart showing all the children born of each set of parents going back to the 1600's?

I am also very interested in finding relatives of my great grandmother Maddalena diCino.

Again Thank you so much.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Message to Post