torricellapeligna.com forum
Message 114: Re: Looking for Relatives

Posted by Janet DiPastena on 07/26/04 at 8:45 PM

Subject:   Re: Looking for Relatives

Message Posted

In Reply to: Re: Looking for Relatives posted by Jeri Fuller on 07/26/04 at 2:33 PM:

Hi Jeri,

My name is Janet DiPastena. I too am a descendant of the Palizzi family of Torricella Peligna! My grandmother was Camilla Palizzi. She came to the U.S. in 1910 and settled in Denver, Colorado. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah, and have done a lot of research on the Palizzi family. Through my research, I have discovered that everyone with the surname Palizzi, from Torricella Peligna, is descended from Michelangelo Palizzi, who was born about 1698 and died 1762. Michelangelo Palizzi had 5 sons and a daughter. I am a double descendant of Michelangelo--on one line, I am descended from his 4th son, Nicola; and on another line I am descended from his daughter, Claudia. I guess that's why I've been so interested in researching my Palizzi ancestors.

Geri, from what you mentioned in your original posting, I gather you are a descendant of Giacinto Palizzi and Maddalena diCino, through their daughter, Maria Giuseppa Palizzi. Giacinto was a descendant of Michelangelo's 3rd son, Giuseppe. I have a photocopy of the marriage record for Giacinto Palizzi and Maddalena diCino, which I obtained from Italy a few years ago. I'd be very happy to send a copy of the marriage record to you. Just let me know if you would like to have it, OK?

Do you already have a copy of the marriage record for your grandparents, Maria Giuseppa Palizzi and Louis Dulis? I believe Louis [or Lewis] Dulis was originally known as Camillo d'Ulisse--at least that's how his name is listed on his 1904 Northumberland County, Pennsylvania marriage record. Anyway, if you don't have a copy of this marriage record, let me know and I can send that to you as well.

I think there are still some members of the Palizzi family who live in Torricella Peligna, although I don't know them personally. Al Porreca has a friend named Mimmo Palizzi, who I believe lives in Torricella, and I'm sure Al can tell you how to get in contact with him. Also, I've recently become acquainted with Mirella Palizzi Piccone, another associate of ours on the Torricella Peligna website. Mirella lives in New York City, but she grew up in Torricella and I think still has family living there. Mirella is a descendant of Michelangelo Palizzi's 1st son, Vincenzo. Anyway, I'll contact Mirella and let her know about your upcoming visit. She may also know if there are any diCino families still living in Torricella.

Sincerely,

your new cousin Janet

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Message to Post