torricellapeligna.com forum
Message 175: Re: Searching for Nicolo family history...

Posted by Albert Porreca on 09/28/04 at 5:46 PM

Subject:   Re: Searching for Nicolo family history...

Message Posted

In Reply to: Searching for Nicolo family history... posted by Marc Nicolo on 09/28/04 at 3:27 AM:

Ciao Marc,
We're very pleased that this site has served you well. I'm Al Porreca from NJ, and my partner in creating this website, Dan Aspromonte from California. I'm not able to help you with directions from Perugia. I can tell you there is a bus to Torricella from Rome and other places but that's the limit of my knowledge. I'v made three visits there, and I've always gone by car. Hopefully one of our site visitors can help.
About the Nicolo family, there are none now listed in the telephone directory there. However, I have some information that may be helpful to you. Nicola Nicoḷ, in 1989, wrote an article in the local newsletter, Amici di Torricella, but as I mentioned there is no listing for him now in the local directory. However,there is a Nicola Nicoḷ in nearby Ripa Teatina, perhaps he has relocated to there or it may be a son or other relative. As the name is not very common, perhaps you should contact him. You can find his address and phone at Elenco Telefonico http://elenco.libero.it/elencotel/engine/WebPersoneOmonimie?nome=&cognome=nicolo&localita=RIPA+TEATINA

Good luck in your search, and keep us posted on your progress.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Message to Post