Dallo “Speciale su Torricella Peligna” realizzato nel 1994 da:
The Heritage of San Rinaldo and Peter of Morrone
On top of a rocky outcrop at the head of the Valley, in a bitter place that is sweetened by the beauties of the surrounding panorama, lies the Hermitage of San Rinaldo.
The little chapel that is found there was built in 1874 as a demonstration of the veneration felt by the people of Fallascoso towards San Rinaldo, Patron Saint of their Parish Church.
There are those who think that the place was “touched” by Peter of Morrone, the hermit from the Maiella who became the Pope called Celestine V.
There is no historic proof or precise references, but there are suggestions and even today this place certainly inspires feelings of peace and invites one to meditate there.
In this sense the Hermitage of San Rinaldo can easily be included amongst the places for followers of Celestine to visit.
Photo (linked to Fallascoso.com) courtesy of Barry DiPietrantonio Miller
 Peter of Morrone - Peter the Hermit, lived in solitude near Sulmona on the part of Mount Majella called Monte Morrone, his fame, as an austere saintly hermit, attracted many to share his mode of life, full of privations; he built a number of small oratories in that neighbourhood and eventually became Superior-General to thirty-six monasteries and more than six hundred monks. He became Pope Celestine V.
 Pope Celestine V - for details see wikipedia article - Pope_Celestine V
 Celestines - a branch of the Benedictine monastic order. When the new rule was founded, about 1254, they were called Hermits of St Damiano, or Moronites (or Murronites); they took on the name of Celestines when their founder, Peter the Hermit, was elected to the Papacy as Celestine V. See fact-index.com: Celestines
“Special on Torricella Peligna” created in 1994 by: